Tiara Lestari's Personal Journal

My words, my feeling, my memories, my experiences. Mostly, this is me.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My thoughts on modeling and being a model...



I love being a model. Places I have seen, people I have met, culture I have discovered are all possible because of my being a model. I am thankful.

That being said, being a model, for me is a temporary thing. I ultimately want to be a mother. I want the simple things like having a family and kids... lots of them.

In life, sometimes you have to make a choice. I do not believe it is possible for me to be an international model and be a good mother at the same time. Do you guys see Cindy Crawford around lately? She is being very happy with her family now. I want what she has. Being married, having a family is more important to me than being a famous model. It's a choice.

Make no mistake about it, I will take this modeling career as far as it can get me, before I say "I do" to man I love. When that day comes.. I will be the most loving wife any man can have. By choice. And I will be the best mother to my children. I want them to be proud of me. And I think they will.

If there is opportunity after I am married, I certainly will take advantage of that. But modeling will ceased being a priority in my life.

For you who want to start a modeling career anywhere in the world. Have fun. Enjoy. Go after your dream. Remember, this is a profession and one must treat it as such. It is not always glamorous, but if you enjoy what you do, who cares? Integrity is very important in this business. Many "smiles and promises" will be given to you, but not all of them are honest. Worst of all, many of the "smiles" may actually be so fake and will only take you to places you will never ever want to touch with a ten foot pole. Be careful.

I am sharing this for those who aspire to become...

Simply, I love being a model. It is a choice. For now.

Tiara

15 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home