Tiara Lestari's Personal Journal

My words, my feeling, my memories, my experiences. Mostly, this is me.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Acting class and final exam... yikes!


In between my travels, I managed to enroll in an acting class. I have no previous experience in acting whatsoever. I just wanted to see if I can do it. I must say that it's been so much fun learning about this art. My teacher is one of the reasons that makes this experience truly enjoyable. First and foremost, he let me missed more than a few classes due to conflicting schedule. Second, he is good. I mean really good. A graduate of School of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena, California and spending 15 years refining his art there.. he is no joke.

Tomorrow is "final exam" where all the students perform a scene from a specific play we've been practicing for months. I am a nervous wreck!! I am playing a scene from a play called Key Exchange written by Kevin Wade. It is a scene where a couple argues over their commitment and relationship based on exchanging apartment keys with each other.

There is a kissing part in this scene. My partner is not bad looking so it helps to get into the whole kissing part. What is funny though is the fact that he is so uncomfortable doing the kissing part when my boyfriend is watching us practice. There was a time when my boyfriend actually joked with him that he should kiss me with love, and not lust.

Anyway, I think I'm ready... I think.. maybe.. Oh well.. wish me luck

Tiara

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home