Tiara Lestari's Personal Journal

My words, my feeling, my memories, my experiences. Mostly, this is me.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Home for my Birthday


Hallo Jakarta!

My beloved parents asked me to come home for my 25th birthday and I didn't mind at all. I haven't been home for a while and I miss this town, but mostly I miss my family.

For those who don't know, it is Ramadan for us Muslim where we fast for the entire day and we only eat our meal before sunrise and break the fast at sundown. I came home Sunday nite when my parents told me the plan for the pre morning meal tomorrow. We had 200 box food with rice and chicken to be distributed around town before the morning meal. So I started my birthday day at 2am with family and friends with a big ugly truck going around Jakarta handing these food to homeless people who need them.

This is an experience I've never had before and I will always be grateful to my parents for suggesting it. There are those of us lucky enough to have simple things in life like a home. There are millions out there who do not. What I did today doesn't help them more than for one day. I wonder what we can do if everyone do more to help. I wonder?

I don't get to see my sister a lot so it was also enjoyable to do this with her. I ended up spending the whole day with her. Mostly we chat about her life and mine. In the afternoon, I drag her to the old gym I used to go to in Jakarta for a workout and met my old personal trainer. We worked out together for a couple hours (although I think we chit chat more than we worked out:).

The other cool thing that happened that day was when I came to my jakarta apartment where my sister lives after we worked out. For some weird reason, my sister told me I should go the bedroom. As I open the door, there were 24 red roses and 1 yellow rose scattered throughout the bed, each accompanied with a small birthday card. In the middle of it was a small gift.

I was highly surprised mostly because I didn't expect my boyfriend to do something like this. Between screaming and crying, I wasn't sure what to do until he appeared from the bathroom (after hiding for half an hour:) to wish me happy birthday.

He told me the 25 roses represented my 25th birthday. One yellow rose with today's birthday card and the other 24 for the past 24 years he missed my birthdays. What a woman to do when given something like that...

I like surprises. Especially like this one. It is a nice way to spend my birthday.

The day end with a family dinner and gathering at my family spiritual mentor's house. He is a person that have always there for my family in time of needs and in time of happiness. We talked... All of us. About life, spirituality and destiny. I don't know where my life goes after this. I do know that today, on my birthday, I am thankful. I am blessed.

Tiara

PS: For those who wished me Happy Birthday via comments and via email, Thank you!

15 Comments:

  • At October 12, 2005 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday indeed!

    And welcome back home.

     
  • At October 12, 2005 8:58 AM, Blogger boy said…

    First. Happy birthday to you :)

    Second. Nice to read your blog. I didn't know that you're the girl on the Spain Playboy cover until I read all your posts :).

    Third. If you don't mind...I would say that your b**** are beautiful. This is my true compliment :)

    Fourth. Hope you success and live happily ever after

    Danke

     
  • At October 12, 2005 9:47 AM, Blogger a0z0ra said…

    Happy bday sis ;p Best years forward mkay

     
  • At October 12, 2005 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, happy Ramadan. You look radiant.

     
  • At October 12, 2005 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alow tiar..
    puasa juga ?

    Gw suka dengan apa yang elo lakukan di hari ulang tahun lo.Yang jam 2 an itu.
    I hope, someday i can do that too.

    Semoga sukses selalu

    @nt

     
  • At October 12, 2005 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Since you're a good Muslim girl who can't have premarital sex, I guess that means you can only orally pleasure your boyfriend or have him sodomise you. I imagine he's very disappointed about that.

     
  • At October 12, 2005 11:02 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said…

    Happy belated birthday, Tiara. Stay lovely forever :D

     
  • At October 12, 2005 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy freakin' b'day ! wish u the best for yer career. way to go, gal.

     
  • At October 13, 2005 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday

    Keep young dan happy forever

    Erik Tapan
    http://eriktapan.blogspot.com

     
  • At October 13, 2005 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wish you a happy birthday
    New age means new luck siste'

     
  • At October 14, 2005 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well who says muslims do not enjoy nudity or being nude, Tiara is a perfect example of a hypocrite..thanks Tiara for showing your tits and pussy to our muslim world..what a great muslim woman you are !! (chuckle) when are you going to pilgrimage in Mecca ?? becomes a hajjah and start wearing headscraft...oh wait ..you are a nude model..it's not going to happen...or until your career is done after you get married....

     
  • At October 17, 2005 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Assalamu'alaikum
    Mbak Tiara... Aku simpati banget sama kamu. Kamu tetep nggak berusaha ngilangin atau nutupin identitas kamu sebagai muslimah. Aku berharap kehidupan kita akan semakin lebih baik..
    God bless you Tiara.

    NB:
    Komentar-komentar joroknya dihapus dong mbak. Bikin kotor blognya aja..

     
  • At September 19, 2006 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when your birthday Tiara. I will give my mouth to your breast. I want to sruput your breast

     
  • At September 28, 2010 7:09 AM, Anonymous usaha laundry said…

    usaha laundry , bisnis laundry , deterjen laundry , waralaba laundry , franchise laundry , softener laundry , pewangi laundry

     
  • At March 01, 2021 9:08 PM, Anonymous Woods said…

    Hello! Could you help? Where to find electroporation for sale?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home