Tiara Lestari's Personal Journal

My words, my feeling, my memories, my experiences. Mostly, this is me.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Why am I cosmopolitan (not the magazine)...



Today's posting is in honor of men who have been my voice in the internet when I was not around to respond (Robin, Marco and Dr. Lee). It is my way of thanking them for being so vocal on my behalf. Boys.. this one for you:

Why am I cosmopolitan? It behooves me to answer without first quoting a dictionary of what the word "Cosmopolitan" means. The word simply means: A sophisticated person who has traveled in many countries. Well... first let me take that as I compliment.

If that is the meaning of the word, then it is very easy. I have traveled around the world. A lot. I have met people from across the globe with different backgrounds, cultures, beliefs and attitudes. I am like that boy character in the movie "meet the fockers" (you guys should see..it is funny as hell). I am like a sponge. I absorb. I adjust. In the end of that process is.. ehm.. me. Like this. The one you see and the one you read.

I have been lucky enough to have met so many people and developed relationships with them that further enhances my multi cultural attitudes. They are my true teachers (you know who you are:). I am Indonesian and proud of it. But there many Indonesian like me, who have been exposed to the world out there resulting in a combined thinking of eastern and western cultures. I am just one of them. If that is considered cosmopolitan, I'll take it.

I will forever cherish relationships with men like David and Dino, women like Loulou, Jasmina and Lexter. They have taught me so much that I could never repay them. As an Indonesian, I can't help but realize that there many who are like me out there. Some quietly supporting me, some are very vocal. I thank them too. I hope I will continue to grow. One person at a time. One friend at a time.

There you go my dear doctor Lee. My answer.

Tiara

PS: I hope you like my picture overlooking the Central Park in New York. I thought it suits the story :)

9 Comments:

  • At October 06, 2005 2:54 AM, Blogger DD said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At October 06, 2005 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tiara,

    To be brutally honest, the New York pic looks a little 'forced' to me - but I absolutely love the second one!

    Anyway, this is a good answer, but it only makes me want to know more - how did you come to travel so much? Sounds like you've had a very interesting life! Perhaps you can tell us more about your past international experiences in your blog?

    Anyway, it seems I am the first person you've personally adddressed a blog entry to - I am honored! :-) Anyway, I'm looking forward to your response to my email when you have the time (I know my questions take a while to respond to).

    Regards,
    Dr. Lee

     
  • At October 06, 2005 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First Tiara, let me thank you for thanking me. I feel honored! ;-)

    But it is my work to post about beautiful Asian women on Asian Sirens, so you don't need to thank me for doing my work.

    To be honest, I never did think you were not 'cosmopolitan'. My name is NOT Dr.Lee! ;-) I figured when someone has contacts to appear in both Playboy and Penthouse, they have been around so to say...

    Keep up the good work!
    Robin

    PS. The picture is, as always, great.

     
  • At October 06, 2005 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ciao Tiara, what a surprise to see all of this! That must sound like a dream coming true!
    ...I so much want to see more of you around!... You traveller... you have been in first place a traveller with your mind and your spirit... and your body just followed!
    Un bacio

     
  • At October 06, 2005 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Travel should broaden the mind and not the feet. So often travellers simply wish to have their culture mimicked in a different setting. Perhaps it is too much to ask of the MTV and Coca-Cola culture that we now live in.

    Your point, so aptly made is that you dont have to lose touch with yourself and your roots to become cosmopolitan. Cosmopolitan means to be able to accept and enrich yourself from the differences that surround us.

    Syabas and have a lovely weekend

     
  • At October 06, 2005 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tiara,

    While I may not be as cosmopolitan as you, I have traveled quite a bit in Europe, Asia, and around the US. Then again, most of my travelling was backpacker style which is not considered very cosmopolitan.

    You are correct though that travelling to diverse places and cultures is valuable experience that broadens your perspective.

    BTW, I also blog on Asian Sirens and I apologize for not welcoming you earlier like the others. I figured that Marco and Robin (and now Dr. Lee) deserve all the credit for introducing you on Asian Sirens.

    take care,

    BB

     
  • At October 07, 2005 4:36 AM, Blogger TiaraLestari said…

    Wow... we have some long responses on this posting. I truly enjoy writing this particular post mainly because the idea actually came from other people (the boys of asian siren:).

    I believe I have a lot to say, and your responses to this posting are the very reason why I have this blog. Thank you!!

    Decky OMG OMG!!! LOL Thank you for being here. Please feel free link my blog to yours anytime.

    Hi Badboy!

    Gil, big kisses! Thanks for stoping by. Say hi to mamina.. she'll have her present soon

    Again, I love writing this post. Any idea of my next posting, let me know!

    Tiara

     
  • At June 29, 2006 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    km yang sabar yah....mg2 Allah menuntun km ke jalan yg baek lagi...dan ingat slalu denger apa kata Ibumu...krna ridho ibu mu adalah ridho ALLAh...mg2 kamu tetep sabar, jangan denger kata orang...ok suskes yah, wsalm

     
  • At September 28, 2010 7:11 AM, Anonymous usaha laundry said…

    usaha laundry , bisnis laundry , deterjen laundry , waralaba laundry , franchise laundry , softener laundry , pewangi laundry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home