Tiara Lestari's Personal Journal

My words, my feeling, my memories, my experiences. Mostly, this is me.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

I miss my friend Jasmina...


Jasmina is my best friend in Singapore. She is Croatian and we used to live together in this fast pace, and sometimes, very "cold" city. When I first moved here for my modeling career, it wasn't an easy decision. I didn't know that many people and she was one of the first persons I met. She realy knows how to make me laugh with her "funny way" of speaking English.

By the time I came here, Jasmina was already establishing herself in the modeling industry in Singapore. We all heard horror stories of models hating each other, even sabotage each other. Well, they don't know Jasmina. From day one, she was so supportive of me. She always believed in me, before anyone else. Everytime I ran into roadblock, she was always there.. with her jokes and her smile... That chick always smile. She had this trademark scream when we see each other, she always said, "juuhuu!!".

About a year ago, she decided to visit her home after a modeling gig in Hong Kong. Not too long after that, she sent me an email telling me that she had found the man of her dream. She told me she decided to stay home in Croatia and quit modeling to become a wife and a mother. She told me how much she loves her man and this was her "real" dream. I have since lost contact with her.

In life, there will always be those special people you meet in special time and you can never get them out of your heart and mind, regardless the space between you. She is one of those people for me. Jasmina, if you are reading this... I miss you girl!

She left before "i made it" in the modeling world. She sent me this email long before my first major magazine appearance. Now boys... imagine a 172 cm, Croatian beauty saying the following (with her thick accent):

"My dear, i wish you good luck!! And take them all jobs they have, cause you desirve it!! You are the best:)dont forget. When i come to you, im shore you gonnaalready geaveing autograms for jung boys! hahaha"

Juuhuuu!

Tiara

4 Comments:

  • At October 08, 2005 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Tiara. Believe it or not this post has given me some useful information as to why you are so cosmopolitan, and has given me quite a bit of insight into you as a person and where you're coming from. Keep 'em coming!

     
  • At October 20, 2005 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hemm..sangat mengesankan sekali cerita Anda mengenai Jasmina.Beruntung sekali menemukan sahabat seperti dia.Saya kira Anda pribadi yang dingin, ternyata ditengah segala glamour-nya photo-2 Anda tersimpan sebuah pribadi yang bersahabat.Sangat tidak mudah memang buat seorang wanita Indonesia untuk mencapai karir seperti ini, karena banyak sekali pertentangan soal moralitas.Semoga Tiara mencapai sukses yang diinginkan..

    Salam,
    ferdyprox@yahoo.com
    Jakarta,
    Indonesia
    (PS:Harap Maklum,sengaja comment-nya ditulis dalam bahasa Indonesia)

     
  • At September 28, 2010 7:06 AM, Anonymous usaha laundry said…

    usaha laundry , bisnis laundry , deterjen laundry , waralaba laundry , franchise laundry , softener laundry , pewangi laundry

     
  • At February 13, 2020 1:55 AM, Anonymous Braddie said…

    You have a beautiful friend, Tiara!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home