Tiara Lestari's Personal Journal

My words, my feeling, my memories, my experiences. Mostly, this is me.

Monday, January 09, 2006

A day of hell and heaven...

All of us woke up this morning all excited for the first day of our photo shoot. We hit the road early at 7am to go from our villa at seminyak area in Bali to the beach called padang padang which was about a two our drive. The place was ideal for photo shoot due to the natural coral rock formation surounding the beach.

From the edge of the cliff, we had to take a 15 minutes walk down a very sharp and narrow path where a rock formation creates what appear to be a cave under the ocean. Have you ever tried walking bare foot on the coral-reef? Let me tell you something, it hurts! As much as I want to complain, I don't think a bikini shot looks that good with my nike runing shoes.

The photographer took his time to make sure everything from the lights to color and composison was all perfect. Everything was set and click! click! the action started. Before the third click hapen, the rare yet mighty bali rain poured down on us so hard that we had to run into the cave for protection. That was a mistake. In less than two minutes, the ocean also wanted to fill up the cave with such force that we had to run out of the cave and into the rain to avoid what I would called a baby tsunami.

To make a long story short, the rain lasted for over two hours and all we could do just wait. By the time the sky cleared up, it was too late in the afternoon to continue the shoot in this location. We were supposed to take pictures at two diffrent locations and we got nothing. My management decided to go to the third location before it got dark.

With the exception of little annoying musquitos that keep biting my leggs, Garuda Wisnu Kencana or better known as GWK was a perfect location for the afternoon. We were racing against time and succesfully shot hundreds of pictures of me using three different outfits before the sun finally set.

To make up for the lost of time, the team decided to continue with indoor shoot back at the villa that lasted till 3 am! Talk about making up for lost time eh! At the end of the session, my manager Ragesh said to me, "Tiara, I thought we were in rainy hell this morning, but looking at these pictures, I think we got a piece of heaven."

Amin.

Tiara

8 Comments:

  • At January 10, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said…

    Should have worn a pair of Nike shoes while walking down that slope and take them off during the shoot itself ;)

     
  • At January 10, 2006 8:53 PM, Blogger TiaraLestari said…

    I did Michael. The painful part was actually walking around during the shoot itself. My nike was not far.. and trust me the combo of bikini and the shoes are ugglyy :)

    Tiara

     
  • At January 11, 2006 12:19 AM, Blogger agamoto said…

    That combination on you? Ugly? Somehow, I bet I could find quite a few guys out there that would disagree with your statement.

     
  • At January 11, 2006 5:40 AM, Blogger TiaraLestari said…

    haha thanks Binky man!

    By the way Trent and Michael, why don't you have your schedule open for the 12th of February. Oh and also a ticket to Bali will come in handy for that date as well ;-)

    Everyone who read this blog is welcome there.

    Tiara

     
  • At January 11, 2006 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bali here we come...
    So hoist up your sloop John B...

     
  • At January 11, 2006 6:58 AM, Blogger agamoto said…

    February 12th? I can barely confirm what I'm doing a day in advance, let alone a month.

    What's happening in Bali on February 12th?

    By the way, if you run into Ketut Nuryasa at GWK, tell him Trent from the Cinta Silver shoot says hello.

     
  • At January 13, 2006 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello slut! Been long time, huh?
    Now that I see you're trying some luck back in Indonesia?

    What happened out there, Tiara? Couldn't find a nice contract overseas? Is your business sinking down? Hmmm, I was right about that model job ;)

    Is that really you in Bali? Gosh, now I'm very disappointed! You're not as sexy as I expected. Too much make up as well there, dear!

    Anyway, happy new year, and hope you get more nude photos in this 2006. Especially now that Playboy magazine already in Indonesia.

     
  • At January 15, 2006 9:51 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said…

    i guess u have to resign to the fact that walking on sharp ground is 1 of the occupational hazards of being a bikini model :p

     

Post a Comment

<< Home